Improving the value of homes and the quality of lives. Simply trying to do good work for good people.
Catherine Smith Architect, LLC focuses on creating residential architecture specific to the individual client with a style that can be described as crafted, simple, and honest. All project scales and types are welcomed, from closets to whole houses. A one-on-one design approach is applied to any size renovation, addition or new construction. As every project and client is unique, so is every process and solution.
It’s the little things and the way we make our way that matter most. I am simply an old gymnast, orange-blooded Tiger fan, optimistic architect. I recognize that I will not make millions doing this work, but I hope to ultimately be fortunate enough to retire one day in a small home with a screened porch. I was born and raised in Spartanburg, educated at Clemson University, and am living in Greenville again with the best dog in the universe.
Please enjoy the article linked here from the November 2010 Greenville Business Magazine for more about how I made my way back home again. Coming Home
Licensed in South Carolina and Louisiana, NCARB Certification
Away from the Drawing Board
- American Institute of Architects, Member
- Architecture Month AM11 Committee, Co-chair CRAN Steering Committee
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Past Chair Member Events Committee
- Grants Panelist for Metropolitan Arts Council
- Instructor, Art of Architecture Program at the Fine Arts Center in Greenville
- Rotary Club of Pleasantburg, Past Secretary
Please contact me for a list of references.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. ~Albert Einstein
The Best Dog in the Universe